Request Art for your Building or Office
Notice regarding Art Placement:
The Art Assistant position which supported the hanging of art on campus has been temporarily left unfilled for budgetary reasons. In the interim, the Pacific University Gallery Management class, taught by Tyler Brumfield, is assisting with placement. To request artwork, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. This email address is being monitored on a temporary basis by the University Archivist, Eva Guggemos as well as Tyler Brumfield.
Pacific University faculty and staff may request art from the Permanent Collections to display in their buildings and offices:
- Browse available art here.
You can also use the Advanced Search with 'tag' = available
Note that some items may require framing before they can be used.
For assistance in choosing art, please contact the Art Assistant (email@example.com)
- Contact the Art Assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make an appointment. We will confirm the selection, verify that it can be displayed in your chosen location, and coordinate the installation.
- For requests of art to be hung in offices and other semi-private locations: Sign a Placement Agreement, provided by the Art Assistant.
Policies Related to Art Placement
- The Art Advisory Board (AAB) advises on the selection and placement of art on campus. The AAB may reserve certain art works for display in specific places or for use in exhibits. It may also place restrictions on displays based on the security, condition or cultural patrimony status of the art.
- In the case of multiple requests for the same art work, the Art Advisory Board will be consulted.
- Art must be adequately framed or otherwise securely prepared for display before it can be made available.
- Environmental conditions (for example, excessive direct sunlight, humidity or heat) and/or security concerns may prevent displays in some locations.
- Art hung in offices and other semi-private locations must be signed for by the requester. The requester must agree to abide by the terms of the Placement Agreement.